22 Ama-Zayn Facts To Celebrate ZAYN MALIK's 22nd Birthday!
Today marks an extraordinary day - the 22nd birthday of one-fifth of the 1D heartthrobs - Zayn Malik! There's already a party going on in the Twitter world, where directioners are bombarding Zayn with birthday greetings! Trending worldwide is #ZaynYoureMySuperhero! Happily overwhelmed by all of the greetings, Zayn Malik has been retweeting and tweeting back to his fans! He even chose one of his favorite photos from a directioner and made it his display photo on twitter!
This is amazing ! 22 now let's hope it's a good un ?? pic.twitter.com/8oaBQBYpHI— zaynmalik1D (@zaynmalik) January 12, 2015
Can't Make up my mind .. There's so many great pictures thanks for them all ha !— zaynmalik1D (@zaynmalik) January 11, 2015
He's already started his day right and so to celebrate, we've got 22 "ama-Zayn" facts to share that you directioners may not know! How many of these facts did you know already?
1. Back to the basics - Zayn's name is really spelt "Zain"! It's safe to say that he probably chose to change the one letter for his stage name, but maybe also because it just looks cooler! So his full name would be Zain Javadd Malik!
2. In Arabic, "Zayn" actually means "beautiful", while Malik means "king or chieftain." Looks like that means One Direction has a born "beautiful king" as one of its members! No wonder he's a world-wide heartthrob!
3. Originally, Zayn planned to audition for the 2009 season of X-Factor! But at the last minute, he decided not to show up. Why? It was due to his overwhelming nerves!
4. Speaking of nerves, Zayn actually has a habit of biting his lips when he's nervous or trying to hide something. It's a good thing he had those nerves and ended up going to the 2010 season of X-Factor, because if not, 1D wouldn't be complete without him!
5. Zayn actually still had a bad case of nerves in the 2010 X-Factor auditions and was so close to chickening out again. But thanks to his mother, who was able to convince him to "just see what happens", he did it and look where he is now!
6. But Zayn did say and vowed that even if he auditioned for X-Factor by himself, he can't see himself continuing his musical career solo! Seems like him being part of the most-loved band to date, was brought about by fate!
7. Before X-Factor, Zayn didn't own a passport and had never been on an airplane! But now he's a jet-setter and probably can't even count how many times he's been on a plane, after all of their concert tours!
8. For any performer, a proper warm-up or some sort of ritual is done to help keep you calm and ready to put on a good show. For Zayn, he has a pre-show tradition of brushing his teeth before heading out onstage! Strange? Maybe so, but it definitely works for him!
9. Though Zayn is a smoker, one time, a fan gave him a gift that was a book titled "Why Smoking Is Bad For You." He instantly reacted with an emotional breakdown, hugged the fan and apologized. He's now trying to quit smoking for his beloved fans. That's the way to go, bud!
10. Young Zayn - specifically when he was an 8-year old - had the writing ability of an 18 year old! Talk about intelligent!
11. Which is probably why Zayn said that if he wasn't in 1D, he would probably be at a University studying to become an English teacher!
12. Although Zayn may look like the "bad boy" of the group with his tattoos and grungey look, he actually admitted he's scared of the brother of his fiancee - Perrie Edwards! And he also actually suffers from Aquaphobia! That's the fear of open waters!
13. And because of that, Zayn also doesn't know how to swim! Humorously, Louis told him, "Zayn, you can't be a power ranger if you can't swim. A drowning power ranger would be weird."
14. Zayn admits that he's a terrible dancer! In fact, he hates dancing so much , he actually refused to dance during the X-Factor boot camp because he "felt like an idiot"! But still, he continued on after a pep-talk backstage with Simon Cowell. It seems that he's improved since then, since we saw him dancing in their music videos, like in "Best Song Ever"!
15. Before his X-Factor auditions, Zayn loved the song "I Believe I Can Fly" by R. Kelly, but chose the contemporary, "Let Me Love You" by Mario. His all-time favorite song though, is "Thriller" by Michael Jackson! He's also a big fan of rap and claims N'Sync to be his favorite band!
16. Another talent he has, is being able to play the triangle! Yeah, that's right - he doesn't only sing, so maybe we'll get to see that sometime in the future with One Direction! He's also excellent at drawing and it's one of his hobbies.
17. Although Zayn is usually away from his family, he's very tight with his three sisters! He admitted in an interview that he does have a difficult time not being able to be with his family, but they're all coping well. When he does have the time to be with them, it's like he hasn't been gone. He spoils his youngest sister and before, he would be the one to scare the "monsters" out of her room. What a good brother!
18. Zayn confessed, "I wasn't used to it [being around guys]. It’s really cool for me because with having three sisters I was used to being around a lot of girls all the time. So to be around lads was really new. I get to just be a lad."
19. The mother of Zayn said, "he used to sing until three o'clock in the morning and I'd often have to ask him to turn it down."
20. Zayn is the 2nd to the oldest member of 1D and is the most mature out of all of them (even though they fool around a lot). He's actually very protective of their youngest member - Harry Styles. He said, "he [Harry] is the baby of the group but people seem to forget that because of the way that he is and that he is so charming. So it is a little bit upsetting sometimes if you see him with the weight of the world on his shoulders. It does annoy us a bit. He’s a young kid and people are just giving him grief for no reason.”
21. His family never had enough money to buy themselves a house and just had rented accomodation, explained Zayn's mother. But Zayn, at the age of 19 bought their first house - a £2.2 million mansion in North London! And it's actually very close to Harry's house, so they can meet-up, hangout and just chill all the time!
22. Believe it or not - when Zayn was younger, he thought he'd never be able to make a girl fall in love with him! But now, he's even amazed at his effortless ability of making a girl faint right before his very eyes! “A girl fainted in front of me the other day. Obviously you don’t get to see things like that unless you are The Beatles who have that power, and to see it that close was a bit scary. I didn’t really enjoy her fainting in front of me. However, it was cool to know I could make a girl faint!
Love it ha pic.twitter.com/R0Nyje8zuK— zaynmalik1D (@zaynmalik) January 11, 2015
From the Official Twitter account: zaynmalik1D
One thing's for sure - to be a "Zayn Malik," takes great responsibility, a huge-load of talent, charming good-looks and a lot of courage! But there will always only be one Zayn, and that's the 1D member and birthday celebrant today! Here's to more success and many more birthdays to come!
We hope you have an "ama-Zayn" 22nd Birthday, Zayn Malik!
Did you know all of those ama-Zayn facts we shared? Do you have any fun facts to add to the list? Share it with us and make sure to send your warm greeting to Zayn Malik by leaving a comment!