7 Times Richard Juan Served Oppa Realness
Karen Jane Ng
Richard Juan has made headlines for his modelling career, hosting, acting projects, vlogging, speaking up on social matters, stint on Pinoy Big Brother, and other television reality contests. But today, his name is making noise for effortlessly putting on a Hallyu star look and serving some real oppa goodness.
We can't deny how at par this social media star is to our K-drama and K-pop faves, and here's the proof:
1. His hair. Richard can switch from shaggy bowl cut, disheveled style, slicked back to parted bangs without a hitch. It's not a surprise that a lot has been mistaking this chinito heartthrob for a Korean.
2. His fashion choices. His casual day-to-day, airport, travel, and even bold 'fits can definitely keep up with the biggest style icons in the Hallyu scene.
3. Gym updates. If you have a soft spot for artists documenting their gym routines like BTS' Jungkook, then believe us when we say the ones posted on Richard's Instagram won't disappoint.
4. Fashion show appearances. Given his trendsetting style, Richard has been spotted a few times in a series of fashion events including Paris Fashion Week - yep, that one attended by Sandara Park, Park Shin Hye, and many more.
5. Acting performance. In case you haven't seen an episode of him in the Kim Chiu and Xian Lim-starred series Love Thy Woman, then here's a hint that might convince you: His portrayal is swoon-worthy, giving us second lead syndrome feels.
6. Kim Soo Hyun look-alike. He's been told many times how much he could pass as the Pinoy version of Kim Soo Hyun, and we're living for that day when he finally admitted it. Anyone who disagrees will need to sit at the back.
7. K-drama transformations. He made waves recently for dressing up as Gang Tae of It's Okay To Not Be Okay and Dong Gu of Secretly, Greatly -both iconic characters of Kim Soo Hyun. He also recreated Park Seo Joon's viral IG post with his pet dog. Yep, you nailed it, Richard!
With his oppa status making waves, we wonder, do you, Richard, have no plans training to become a K-pop idol or perhaps making a K-drama debut?