What TIFFANY YOUNG Looks For In A Guy & 8 Other Things We Learned About Her!
Karen Jane Ng
Girls’ Generation member Tiffany Young officially made her solo debut in the US last month with the release of her empowering single “Over My Skin”!
Courtesy: Tiffany Young Official
MYX was lucky enough to chat with Tiffany on the phone where she spoke excitedly about putting more of her music out, performing solo, and finally meeting her fans again.
Despite growing up in the US, the K-Pop idol revealed that she still feels ‘absolutely’ pressured for her new quest. “I think not just being in America but all over, you always just wanna be the best you can and be as truthful and honest about who you want to sing about… and you know touch other people’s lives as well.”
But this beautiful and talented performer is ready to see where this path is gonna take her. With the busy schedule ahead, does she still have time for love? Here are the things we learned about Tiffany who just turned 30 (Korean age):
👸🏻30 👶🏻❤️ pic.twitter.com/v01wZyOUK8— TIFFANY YOUNG (@tiffanyyoung) August 1, 2018
1. Her brother Leo Hwang is living in the Philippines with his Filipina wife, and Tiffany wants us to visit their restaurant in Tagaytay. “He opened up a restaurant. I have not been able to go yet but I would love to be able to go.”
2. Aside from visiting her family, she’d love to return to Manila because of her supportive Filipino fans. “I hope to be able to come back soon ‘cause I just remember having such a good time and the fans are so so enthusiastic.”
3. She’s very grateful for her years with SNSD which helped her to be the artist she is right now. “Starting here in the US is especially out of my comfort zone but luckily being a part of Girls’ Generation was about being together but also, you know, finding your own individuality… I am really lucky to get all that practice before I came back to LA.”
4. Meeting fans will forever be the most exciting part of being an artist for Tiffany.
5. It has always been her dream to pursue a career in New York and now that she’s in, Tiffany wants to "bring what I love about K-Pop and that pop that I grew up to, and kind of create that in my own interpretation.”
6. She loves Taylor Swift and has been listening to a lot of Shania Twain recently.
7. She’s a longtime fan of Britney Spears and even went to one of her shows back in the fifth grade. “I’m glad to meet her in person. Who wouldn’t want to meet her, she’s a legend!”
8. She’s in love with Drake’s new album.
9. Dating isn’t on her mind right now, but when asked about her ideal guy: “Somebody who lives in LA because I live in LA now.”