Who Is PRIYANKA CHOPRA? She's More Than Just NICK JONAS' Fiancee
Priyanka Chopra is a lot of things: actress, singer, philanthropist, beauty queen, and MORE. Unfortunately, there are some people who only know her as the woman Nick Jonas is engaged to.
If you haven't had the pleasure of meeting her, we're going to cure this outrageous anomaly and introduce you to one of the most inspiring women of our time. Behold Priyanka Chopra:
1. An actress. Priyanka made her foray into the global entertainment industry in 2015 as Alex Parrish on the hit television series Quantico. Last year, she made her Hollywood film debut as an antagonist in Baywatch which also starred Dwayne Johnson, Zac Efron and Alexandria Daddario.
But prior to her trek to international stardom, the Indian actress has already appeared on more than 40 Bollywood films like Krrish, Mary Kom, Andaaz, and Barf.
2. A film producer. Priyanka established her own film production company called Purple Pebble Pictures "as a home from which great stories originate and a solid platform to promote upcoming talent." Under the banner, global TV and film content (such as the award-winning Ventilator, Bam Bam Bol Raha Hai Kashi, and Sarvann) has been produced, and many more are slated for release this 2018.
3. A recording artist. We all know that Bollywood films require a lot of singing and dancing so it's a no-brainer that Priyanka excels in both. But if you ever have any doubts about her musical talent, you're free to listen to her collaboration with Pitbull titled "Exotic" and more singles on YouTube. Can we expect a duet with husband-to-be Nick in the future?
4. A philantrophist. With Priyanka's active involvement in various advocacies, it was not a surprise that she was appointed national UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador for Child Rights and a United Nations Foundation Girl Up Champion.
She has supported efforts to promote children's rights and education for girls, awareness of leprosy, and protection of the environment to name a few. She has also established her own foundation The Priyanka Chopra Foundation for Health and Education which supports underprivileged Indian children.
I’m in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh today for a field visit with UNICEF, to one of the largest refugee camps in the world. In the second half of 2017, the world saw horrific images of ethnic cleansing from the Rakhine State of Myanmar(Burma). This violence drove nearly 700,000 Rohingya across the border into Bangladesh - 60% are children! Many months later they are still highly vulnerable, living in overcrowded camps with no idea when or where they will ever belong...even worse, when they will get their next meal. AND...as they finally start to settle and feel a sense of safety, monsoon season looms...threatening to destroy all that they’ve built so far. This is an entire generation of children that have no future in sight. Through their smiles I could see the vacancy in their eyes. These children are at the forefront of this humanitarian crisis, and they desperately need our help. The world needs to care. We need to care. These kids are our future. Pls Lend your support at www.supportunicef.org #ChildrenUprooted @unicef @unicefbangladesh Credit: @briansokol @hhhtravels
5. A beauty queen. Priyanka initially wanted to become a software engineer or a criminal psychologist. But when her mother volunteered her name into the 2000 Miss India pageant and she eventually won Miss World on the same year, she went on to become an actress after various opportunities landed on her lap.
6. A style icon. She has graced various magazine covers and fashion campaigns. Plus, who could forget her trench coat dress at the 2017 Met Gala?
7. A loyal friend. She stood up for Meghan Markle when her gal pal was simply referred to as "Prince Harry's girlfriend". Of course, she was present at the royal couple's beautiful wedding.
And soon, she's going to be a gorgeous bride herself! Nick Jonas is definitely the luckiest guy in the world!