ARTICLES

Here Are The MYX Music Awards 2018 Nominees!

Carlo Segundo Bautista

Posted at February 28, 2018


The most highly anticipated music award show in the Philippines is here! Now on its 13th year of recognizing the hottest hitmakers in the OPM scene, the MYX Music Awards 2018 is the biggest one yet as more fans will get the chance to witness the star-studded spectacle live at the Araneta Coliseum on May 15!

Fans can vote for their favorites in the 17 exciting categories on myxph.com/myxmusicawards once a day until May 8 at 11:59pm. Your votes will account for 60% of the final tally while the remaining 40% will come from the artist poll.

Here are the nominees for the MYX Music Awards 2018:

MUSIC VIDEO OF THE YEAR

[email protected] – BAMBOO (DIRECTOR: PAUL BASINILLO)

CEBUANA – KARENCITTA (DIRECTOR: KARENCITTA & PAUL MARTIN)

MISTERYO – SARAH GERONIMO (DIRECTOR: NOLAN BERNARDINO)

SA'YO PA RIN – GLAIZA DE CASTRO (DIRECTOR: KRING ELENZANO-KIM)

THE LIFE – JAMES REID (DIRECTOR: NADINE LUSTRE & PETERSEN VARGAS)

 

SONG OF THE YEAR

ANO NGA BA TAYO – JONA

COOL DOWN – JAMES REID

KAIBIGAN MO – SARAH GERONIMO FEAT. YENG CONSTANTINO

SA'YO PA RIN – GLAIZA DE CASTRO

TITIBO-TIBO – MOIRA DELA TORRE

 

ARTIST OF THE YEAR

DARREN ESPANTO

INIGO PASCUAL

JAMES REID

KZ TANDINGAN

SARAH GERONIMO

 

FEMALE ARTIST OF THE YEAR

GLAIZA DE CASTRO

JONA

KZ TANDINGAN

MORISSETTE

SARAH GERONIMO

 

MALE ARTIST OF THE YEAR  

DARREN ESPANTO

INIGO PASCUAL

JAMES REID

QUEST

TJ MONTERDE

 

GROUP OF THE YEAR

BOYBANDPH

GIMME 5

IV OF SPADES

SILENT SANCTUARY

THE JUANS

 

MELLOW VIDEO OF THE YEAR

ANO NGA BA TAYO – JONA (DIRECTOR: GISELLE ANDRES)

FLY TONIGHT – YLONA GARCIA (DIRECTOR: ALCO GUERRERO)

MALAYA – MOIRA DELA TORRE (DIRECTOR: JOHN PRATS)

NARIRINIG MO BA – MORISSETTE (DIRECTOR: MIGUEL POTESTADES)

WALANG HANGGAN – QUEST (DIRECTOR: JAMES MULETA)

 

ROCK VIDEO OF THE YEAR

AGAINST THE ROPES – TYPECAST FEAT. REG RUBIO (DIRECTOR: ARVIN KADIBOY BELARMINO)

BALEWALA – BRISOM (DIRECTOR: KEVIN DAYRIT)

DISEASE – PHILIA (DIRECTED BY JEREMY JAY ABANO & RAMONA THORNES)

LARO – AUTOTELIC (DIRECTOR: JIGGY GREGORIO)

TAKE ME DOWN – MR. BONES AND THE BONEYARD CIRCUS (DIRECTOR: PEDRING LOPEZ)

 

URBAN VIDEO OF THE YEAR

BITUIN – SHEHYEE FEAT. KEIKO NECESARIO (DIRECTOR: TEY CLAMOR)

DOES SHE KNOW – KIANA VALENCIANO FEAT. CURTISMITH (DIRECTOR: GAB VALENCIANO)

ICE TUBIG – GLOC-9 FEAT. MIKE LUIS (DIRECTOR: CHRISTOPHER SANTOS)

LABO – KZ TANDINGAN (DIRECTOR: KEAN CIPRIANO)

TAGAY – QUEST (DIRECTOR: ANDREI ANTONIO)

 

NEW ARTIST OF THE YEAR

IV OF SPADES

KARENCITTA

LEANNE AND NAARA

SASSA

VOLTS VALLEJO

 

COLLABORATION OF THE YEAR

I'LL BE THERE – DARREN ESPANTO AND JED MADELA

KAIBIGAN MO – SARAH GERONIMO FEAT. YENG CONSTANTINO

TAYO NA LANG KASI – KYLA AND JASON DY

TILL THE END OF TIME – JONA AND BOYBANDPH

TUMALON – ELLA CRUZ AND JULIAN TRONO

 

REMAKE OF THE YEAR

CAN’T HELP FALLING IN LOVE – DANIEL PADILLA

I'LL BE THERE – DARREN ESPANTO AND JED MADELA

IF WE FALL IN LOVE – MCCOY DE LEON & ELISSE JOSON  

SOMEBODY – BOYBANDPH

WHY CAN'T IT BE – KAYE CAL

 

MEDIA SOUNDTRACK OF THE YEAR

ALON – HALE

BALISONG – THE JUANS

PUSONG LIGAW – JONA

TORETE – MOIRA DELA TORRE

TWO LESS LONELY PEOPLE IN THE WORLD – KZ TANDINGAN

 

MUSIC VIDEO GUEST APPEARANCE OF THE YEAR

ANGELICA PANGANIBAN & SAM MILBY (MALAYA – MOIRA DELA TORRE)

ARCI MUĂ‘OZ (WHY CAN'T IT BE – KAYE CAL)

KISSES DELAVIN & MARCO GALLO (KULAY – YOUNG JV)

MAJA SALVADOR & JOHN LLOYD CRUZ (LLOYDY – PAULO AVELINO)

NADINE LUSTRE (THE LIFE – JAMES REID)

 

INTERNATIONAL VIDEO OF THE YEAR

BLACK SUIT – SUPER JUNIOR

LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO – TAYLOR SWIFT

PERFECT – ED SHEERAN

SIGN OF THE TIMES – HARRY STYLES

TOUCH – LITTLE MIX

 

MYX CELEBRITY VJ OF THE YEAR

BOYBANDPH

EDWARD BARBER

EMPOY

JK LABAJO

KIM CHIU

KIRA BALINGER

KISSES DELAVIN & MARCO GALLO

KYLE ECHARRI

LEILA ALCASID

MARIS RACAL

MAYMAY ENTRATA

MCCOY DE LEON & ELISSE JOSON

 

MYX BANDARITO PERFORMANCE OF THE YEAR

BRISOM

IV OF SPADES

KEIKO NECESARIO

SNAKEFIGHT

ZSARIS

Click HERE to begin voting for all your favorites now!

 

How do you feel about this?

Happy 63%
Sad 10%
Laugh 4%
Shock 3%
Angry 13%

Connect

How Well Do You Know KHALID?

QUIZ

How Well Do You Know KHALID?

ONLINE VOTE

Vote for your favorite music video here!

You must be logged-in to vote.